- PublicationMay 19, 2015
- PublicationMay 11, 2015
- PublicationApril 16, 2015
- May 2015Research Headlines
Reducing excess readmissions is top of mind among all hospitals in Cleveland. Administrators at the Cleveland Clinic, MetroHealth System and University Hospitals understand the financial implications of patients returning within 30 days of discharge. But as reported in a recent NPR article, reducing readmissions is particularly challenging for providers like MetroHealth and University Hospitals, which serve large numbers of low-income patients.
For more than 25 years, HCFO supported research projects providing public and private decision makers with usable and timely information on health care policy, financing, and market developments.
Recently Awarded Grants:
- Identifying the characteristics of successful collaborations between medical groups and health insurers in accountable-care-organization programsGrantee Institution:Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of CornellPrincipal Investigator:Casalino, LawrenceGrant Period:May 1, 2015April 30, 2016
- Understanding ACO Performance: Organizational and Market Characteristics Associated with ACO SuccessGrantee Institution:Dartmouth CollegePrincipal Investigator:Lewis, ValerieGrant Period:April 1, 2015March 31, 2016
- Grantee Institution:Trustees of the University of PennsylvaniaPrincipal Investigator:Werner, RachelGrant Period:April 1, 2015March 31, 2016