- PublicationSeptember 10, 2014
- PublicationAugust 13, 2014
- August 2014Research Headlines
With the proliferation of narrow network plans on the new exchanges and more broadly in Medicare Advantage and commercial plans, consumers are being steered to health care coverage that offers lower prices, through reduced premiums, but limited choice. Anecdotal evidence to date suggests that the exchange networks are narrower than consumers anticipated, which may leave them vulnerable to the financial burden of out-of-network care for services not adequately covered within network...
We support research projects that will provide public and private decision makers with usable and timely information on health care policy, financing, and market developments. Small and large grant proposals are still being accepted.
Recently Awarded Grants:
- Impact of increased cost sharing on utilization of low-value services: The first evaluation of this approach nationallyGrantee Institution:Temple UniversityPrincipal Investigator:Maclean, Johanna CatherineGrant Period:September 1, 2014August 31, 2015
- The Impact of Reference Pricing on Consumer Choice and Provider Pricing Strategies for Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic ImagingGrantee Institution:Regents of the University of CaliforniaPrincipal Investigator:Robinson, JamesGrant Period:June 1, 2014November 30, 2015
- Grantee Institution:Regents of the University of California, Los AngelesPrincipal Investigator:Zingmond, DavidGrant Period:March 1, 2014August 31, 2015