- NewsOctober 25, 2016
- PublicationOctober 25, 2016
- NewsOctober 20, 2016
- NewsOctober 6, 2016
- PublicationOctober 4, 2016
- October 2015Research Headlines
Competition in the health insurance industry serves to protect consumers by providing access to affordable care. As Aetna looks to acquire Humana, and Anthem pursues Cigna, the proposed health insurance mergers have raised concerns over whether consolidation will reduce competition. A recent article in the New York Times highlights both sides of the debate.
For nearly 30 years, HCFO supported research projects providing public and private decision makers with usable and timely information on health care policy, financing, and market developments.
Recently Awarded Grants:
- Grantee Institution:University of Southern CaliforniaPrincipal Investigator:Trish, ErinGrant Period:May 15, 2015November 14, 2016
- Identifying the characteristics of successful collaborations between medical groups and health insurers in accountable-care-organization programsGrantee Institution:Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of CornellPrincipal Investigator:Casalino, LawrenceGrant Period:May 1, 2015July 31, 2016
- Understanding ACO Performance: Organizational and Market Characteristics Associated with ACO SuccessGrantee Institution:Dartmouth CollegePrincipal Investigator:Lewis, ValerieGrant Period:April 1, 2015March 31, 2016