- PublicationApril 18, 2014
- PublicationApril 3, 2014
- PublicationMarch 20, 2014
- April 2014Research Headlines
An article in MedPage Today describes potential changes to the Affordable Care Act's (ACA) medical loss ratio (MLR) requirement in light of the administrative and technical challenges insurers faced during the implementation of health insurance marketplaces. HCFO-funded work has examined the relationship between MLRs and the stability, or destabilization, of insurance markets as well as the potential impact of the ACA MLR requirement on insurers and enrollees in the individual market in each state...
We support research projects that will provide public and private decision makers with usable and timely information on health care policy, financing, and market developments.
Recently Awarded Grants:
- Grantee Institution:Regents of the University of California, Los AngelesPrincipal Investigator:Zingmond, DavidGrant Period:March 1, 2014August 31, 2015
- The Effect of Changes in the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) Policies on Hospital Utilization and Patient SafetyGrantee Institution:Regents of the University of California Los AngelesPrincipal Investigator:Needleman, JackGrant Period:December 15, 2013December 14, 2014
- Price Data Solicitation Grant: Effects of Physician Concentration, Physician-hospital Integration, and ACOs on Prices in Commercial Health Care MarketsGrantee Institution:Harvard Medical SchoolPrincipal Investigator:McWilliams, J. MichaelGrant Period:December 1, 2013November 30, 2015